Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Date Night



     Okay so the hubby and I had date night last friday night ((no kids)) this is the first time out without the kids in 14 months, YES I said 14 months. Everytime I think about that I really realize how much I deserve a cookie at least for keeping my sanity LOL! I love my children but come on 14 months thats just not healthy for anyone! Anyway my point...it was much needed so now with that little break I should be completely revitalized and able to get things going haha. Normally right now we would be on our family vacation (reunioin) I have gone every year since I was 15 (that would 20 years this year), 18 years with my husband, we just had to much going on this year to go but we are really missing it! On a lighter note we are taking a trip to Destin in August for the weekend so I'm excited about that!! The next 2 months are going to be full, My 5 year old is starting school (first grade) so I have to get her registered and both my girls birthdays are in Augurst too! FUN FUN 
      I was trying to find something I could cook for the kids while the hubby and I were gone Friday night (my mom was watching them) I didn't want her to have to cook too so I found an interesting recipe on Pinterest.  I love Pinterest and anyone who has been on there recently you have probably seen this recipe already...I found this one interesting because I have 3 kids who don't agree on much especially when it comes to food so I didn't want to be out Friday night worrying about whether or not they ate sooooo They had TACO BAKE (not thehealthiest meal but better than just plain junk food so if you have picky eaters like I do they may like this.)

    My youngest loves anything that resembles spaghetti, my middle child loves lasagna and my other one...well she likes any kind of chips (she would have them everyday if allowed) so when I saw this I new it was worth giving it a try!

    It is a casserole topped with Doritos which just thrilled my kids because we don't get junk food often here so when its served for dinner you better belive they were all game!


The ingredients:
1 lb hamburger meat
1 pack of taco seasoning
1 can of cresent rolls
1 can of tomatoe sauce
8oz. of sour cream
1 cup of shredded cheese
Doritos



1. Cook hamberger meat and drain

2. Add taco seasoning, tomato sauce (to the meat), Simmer...




3. In a 13x9 baking dish roll out the cresent rolls



4. Layer hamburger mixture, sour cream and then cheese.




5. Crush about 3/4 of a bag of Doritos and put them on top. You can see the picture above I put them in a large ziploc bag to crush because I didnt want any large pieces because of my little ones.





Bake at 350 for 30 min.






     It actually looks pretty good, and I was told that the kids loved it so YAY! If you like these ingredients its definetly worth the try, its easy & quick! And a nice treat for your kids and Momma serving Doritos for supper is unbeliveable you will be the hero for the night! I know this was way off subject from appliqueing I guess this is why I added the "& a little extra to the title of this blog a little while back! I just wanted to share :)




      I have been working on designs all last week and this week, all very random :) a few by request which gave me ideas for some of the others that I did...Next I would like to do some back to school designs, I know my daughter will have some ideas, this will be her first year in public school (fiurst grade) so she is excited but of course I'm nervous but ready! :)
Here's pictures of the new designs, I just got them listed on the website today! Let me know if you have any request, any ideas or anything you would like to have a tutorial about and if I can help I will! I would love to hear your comments or thoughts! Have a good week! :) ~Always Smile & Happy stitching or cooking LOL :) Click here for the link to these designs.





No comments:

Post a Comment