Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summer Designs



     This is going to be short, I have a minute while the kiddos are engaged in playdough (I use to HATE playdough because of the mess but now ...it will entertain them for long periods of time so we LOVE it ! I just listed a few new designs! Finally test stitched a few of the felties I have been promising so I got them listed too! Two of the designs are just a dollar and I added a free design too! Last week when I finished one of the last designs that I was working on, (latelty I test stitch on shirts for my kids so I'm not just wasting material and my daughter informed me that Miles (her bubba) was getting left out. She was right they have loads of shirts compared to him so the last couple of weeks my focus has been on boy designs and it has been a challenge!Mission accomplised (all beacuse of a trip to the Dollar Tree)!! I now have a few more boy designs and now he has a few more shirts :)!

   I went to the Dollar Tree the other day and found these little boy short (12-18months) yes they are made cheap but I thought they were cute and for a dollar they would do just fine, my son is so rough on his clothes & so messy sometimes I can change him 3 times in a day so I thought these would be cute and perfect for the summer.
     Once I got home and laid these out I thought this will be easy enough I can make the matching designs so he'll have some outfits! I have some garanimal shirts that I got last year from walmart on sale for $2.00 each. (they have pockets but they are very easy to remove, just use a seam ripper or scissors and cute the threads from the inside of the shirt, once the pocket is removed I spray with water and iron and there is no evidence that there was a pocket there!)
   So the shorts were a dollar each and the shirts 2.00 each and I got to test stitch my new designs so for $12.00 I got 4 outfits and all my test stitching done, I think I got a good deal!

    They turned out really cute! My little boy is so rough on clothes we'll have to see if these shorts hold up through the summer LOL My girls clothes I could have resold as new they never got dirty or anything even their shoes, now my 5 year old is starting to get rougher on shoes but my little boys stuff when he outgrows it, its not even in good enough shape to give away! Click here for the link to these designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment