Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Delightful

                                                      

                                                                 Happy 4th!!

     Here's a quick recipe, I always fix this for our family reunion which we are missing this year but no reason not to fix this for the family! Just to let you know when I say its easy then its EASY because I'm NOT a cook just never enjoyed being in the kitchen and luckily married a man who does (and is very good at it too) The best part is its no bake (easy) and EVERYONE will love it! You need to prepare it the night before so it can sit in the fridge over night and I'm telling u every time I fix this for a party everyone loves it and the dish will be empty coming home and I said it was easy right?? I have been making this for MANY MANY years and its original name is Cherry Delight but I am adding fresh blueberries to the mix this time for the fourth of July (I have used a can of strawberries and a can of blueberries too) so whatever your preference will work!


So here's the ingredients:   13x9 dish
1 large box of vanilla instant pudding
1 medium size tub of cool whip (in my pic you'll see a large tub if u have a large tub use about half)
1 can of cherries or strawberries, blueberries whatever u would like
1 box of graham cracker (honey or original)
2.5 cups of milk (follow the instructions for the instant pudding for the milk, which is 2.5 cups for a large box)



1.~Fix the instant pudding as directed in a mixing bowl and let sit for 5 minutes. While your waiting line your dish with grahams crackers. Normally I don't go so high on the sides especially if I'm doing this to take somewhere because it just looks better if u don't, but since this is just for the family and they LOVE graham crackers I added more :)
2.~ Next add the cool whip to the mix and mix thoroughly.

3.~ Then add a layer of mixture and then a layer of graham crackers (I usually do one of each)
4.~Then add your topping.
5.~Refrigerate until ready to eat (at least 4 hours to let the crackers soften a little) You can use a can of blueberries and a can of cherries and swirl it over the top that is what I normally do for the fourth and it's really cute. I hope u enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment